A passionate, remote and distributed team
We are headquartered in Atlanta, GA and our team spans the globe. We currently have team members across four continents and seven different time zones. We even have team members who constantly travel as digital nomads!
Come join our team!
We are looking for teammates with a strong, proven, track record of success to help transform our small team into a massive organization that positively impacts our customers and their stakeholders throughout the entire event ecosystem.
We want you to bring your “A game” to Sched and possess our valued principles
- Unquestionable Integrity: you are honest, forthright, and principled. You do what you say you’ll do when you say you’ll do it and adhere to morals and ethics.
- Long Term, Strategic Mindset: most overnight successes are 10 years in the making. We need someone who is willing to take the long-term view. You should nurture the soil and help us plant the seeds today that will grow into the Redwood forest of the future.
- Strong Management Skills: you are a proven manager who helps individuals produce results they didn’t even know they were capable of. You should thrive on helping others reach their full potential
- Strong Leadership Ability: we are looking for a leader who not only manages but also can get people to comprehend and believe in our vision and work with others to help achieve our goals.
- Energetic, “No Drama” Attitude: We want someone who can distinguish between the urgent and important and views obstacles as opportunities for improvement. We want someone who enthusiastically looks for the root cause of problems and creates upstream solutions (versus the “put out the fire” immediate solutions approach). Most things are rarely as bad as they seem or as good as they could be.
- Strong Communication Skills: you will need to demonstrate strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Constant Learners: you should be dedicated to your personal and professional growth and development. This should be evidenced in some way through formal education (e.g. MBA), professional credentials (e.g. certifications), ongoing training and development, industry events and/or regular reading (e.g. books). Be able to discuss what you’ve learned and how to implement it.
- Open Personality: we strive to create what Ray Dalio terms a believability weighted, idea-meritocracy. Part of this is constantly giving and receiving feedback from everyone. We want someone who can give and receive constructive feedback in meaningful ways to help our system as a whole improve.
- Systems Thinkers: you should think of everything in terms of systems and work to create, document, test, manage and improve these systems.
- Self Starter: you can figure things out without a playbook
- Attention To Detail: you should have fantastic attention to detail. Nothing big or small escapes your gaze.
Benefits and Perks
Sched offers a broad suite of benefits to its employees including company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance programs. We also offer retirement plans including a 401K and matching program. Other benefits include discretionary annual bonuses, education expenses, paid time off (“PTO”), fitness benefits and other incentive programs. This position is also eligible for equity-based compensation.
- Benefits: Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Robust 401k + Flexible Work + 20 Days PTO
- Location: Atlanta, GA (preferred); 100% Remote Available (virtual team of 15+ with no corporate office)
- Hours: flexible and normally 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EASTERN (regardless of where you live)
- Culture: Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
Schedcation (Team Offsites)
We are a 100% remote, distributed and global team! We regularly get together throughout the year for team meetings in incredible places. Some of our past travels have taken us to places like Argentina, Austin, Texas, San Diego, California, Cambodia, Morocco, Mexico, Colombia and Tenerife, Gran Canarias Islands Spain. Part work and part vacation, we call these team get-togethers #schedcation‘s.
Sched is bringing people together to make the world a better place
Events are where we go to be inspired by those who’ve followed their dreams, learn from successful people, build life-long friendships, and discover new opportunities. We believe that when we come together around shared interests, we help build rapport and understanding through these shared experiences. Our mission is to help encourage more of these experiences each and every day.
Enabling exceptional events
We are an almost 14-year old, bootstrapped, company dedicated to creating environments that enable exceptional and engaging events. We do this through our event management software and event management services so that every individual and community can grow from the opportunities presented through events.
Influencing tens of millions each year
Our products and services touch tens of millions of users each year through conferences, conventions, festivals, meetings and events hosted by organizations like Stanford University, the United Nations, the American Red Cross and YMCA.
Seriously, there is an event for everything!
You’ll be working to build a company that makes a real difference to our customers and their audiences. Here’s actual feedback about the company you’ll be helping to build:
- I wonder what the world did before Sched…
- Sched completely revolutionized our convention.
- Using Sched is something I actively LOOK FORWARD TO whenever we’re getting ready to put on another event.
Our Hiring Process
The Sched hiring process typically takes 30-60 days from the initial job posting to complete. Our process is designed to get to know you as a person and professional. It is also designed to get a feel for how you might perform in the targeted role along with helping you to get a sense of what it might be like to work with our team. Please note that we may also consider you for other current and future positions we may be hiring for or have available. We aim to communicate where you stand in our hiring process upon the completion of each of our steps.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team and want to learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Open positions are listed below, but if you don’t see a role that you are searching for, please fill out your details.