- Publication of three or more new pieces of content, be it text (blog articles), video, or audio (podcasts).
- Interviewing internal subject matter experts for content.
- Company email marketing efforts, including newsletters and automated workflows.
- Ownership of all analytics and reporting for content marketing efforts.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) efforts for website and content.
- Social media for community engagement and long-term content promotion.
- Premium content production, including ebooks, white papers, webinars, etc.
- Creating landing pages and conversion opportunities for lead generation.
- General website updates and enhancements, e.g., new pages and calls-to-action placement.
- Professional development and continued education in relevant areas (e.g., HubSpot certifications)
The content manager will be measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects through the consistent development and deployment of content.
Specific measurements of this criteria include:
- Measurable growth across organically sourced traffic and leads.
- Sales/revenue growth, with a clear connection between content and ROI.
- Support and empower the sales team with sales-enablement content they need to close deals faster.
- More qualified lead conversions as a result of the content being created.
- Marked increases in keyword rankings for relevant topics in search.
- Positive sentiment increases from prospects and customers alike.
- Growth in social media community and engagement (if applicable).
The primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy.
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, public relations, or related communications field. Equivalent experience is also accepted.
The content manager role requires a combination of marketing and publishing mindsets, leading at all times with a customer-first mentality. In essence, the content manager is the company storyteller and must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer.
- Impeccable writing and editorial skills, with an outstanding command of the English language.
- An understanding of common editorial style guides, e.g., AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style, etc.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist is a bonus. Great at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it.
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within your own blogs and social media outreach.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Project management skills to manage editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing.
- Incredible people skills.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
Events are where we go to be inspired by those who’ve followed their dreams, learn from successful people, build life-long friendships, and discover new opportunities. Sched is dedicated to creating environments that enable exceptional and engaging events.
We’ve experienced over a decade of growth as a direct result of listening to our customer’s spoken and unspoken needs and solving their problems through our software and services-based solutions.
Our award-winning products and services touch tens of millions of people each year through conferences, conventions, festivals, meetings and events hosted by organizations like Stanford University, the United Nations and the American Red Cross. Seriously, there is an event for everything!
You’ll be working to build a company that makes a real difference to our customers and their audiences. Here’s actual feedback about the company you’ll be helping to build:
- I wonder what the world did before Sched…
- Sched completely revolutionized our convention.
- Using Sched is something I actively LOOK FORWARD TO whenever we’re getting ready to put on another event.
- Estimated Starting Salary Range: $45,000 to $75,000 (depends on experience, qualifications, etc.)
- Location: Atlanta, GA (Preferred). USA or Remote Position
- Benefits: paid time off (PTO), schedule flexibility, bonuses, health benefits, travel benefits, profit-sharing, etc.
Sched offers a broad suite of benefits to its employees including company-sponsored health, dental, vision, life, disability, and other insurance programs. We also offer retirement plans including a 401K and matching program. Other benefits include discretionary annual bonuses, education expenses, paid time off (“PTO”), fitness benefits and other incentive programs.
We are a 100% remote, distributed and global team! We regularly get together throughout the year for team meetings in incredible places like Morocco, Japan, Cambodia, Croatia and Colombia, all covered by Sched. Part-work, part-vacation, we call them #schedcations.
Our goal is to find the best person (or people) that we believe has a high probability of meeting or exceeding the key results required of the position. The hiring process to reach this goal typically takes 30-60 days or less from the initial job posting to complete.
Our hiring process is designed to get to know you as a person and professional. It is also designed to get a feel for how you might perform in the targeted role along with helping you to get a sense of what it might be like to work with our team.
Please note that we may also consider you for other current and future positions we may be hiring for or have available. We aim to communicate where you stand in our hiring process upon the completion of each of our steps.
The Sched Hiring process typically includes the following steps
- Step 1: Open Application Period
- Step 2: Application Review & Initial Screening
- Step 3: Initial Interviews – Cultural & Technical (est. early November)
- Step 4: Personality Tests (e.g. Meyers-Briggs, DISC+, Kolbe-A, etc.)
- Step 5: Audition – Project (i.e. paid project/assignment designed to test your fit for the role)
- Step 6: CEO Interview
- Step 7: Additional Interviews (if necessary)
- Step 8: Team & Other Candidates Virtual Meet & Greet
- Step 9: Background Checks and Confirmations (criminal, credit, references check, etc.)
- Step 10: Hiring Decision Communication
Please fill out the application to apply for this role. The application will take at least 15 minutes to complete. You’re able to come back and update your responses after submitting the application. Please note that while all fields are not required, only completed applications will be considered for the next step in our application process.