Are you tired of the constant stress and chaos that comes with event planning? Do you find yourself struggling to keep track of the moving parts, from scheduling speakers to coordinating attendees?
If so, you’re not alone. Event management can be a daunting task, but with the right tools, it doesn’t have to be. Enter Sched, the event scheduler software designed to streamline your event planning process.
In this article, we’ll provide you with insider tips to help you master Sched and deliver better events.
An introduction to Sched’s event scheduler software
Sched is an all-in-one event scheduler software. Create your event schedule, manage speakers, and communicate with attendees in one place.
Its user-friendly interface and comprehensive features make it a top choice for event planners of all experience levels. In fact, Sched was designed with non-planners in mind!
Sched’s key features
Sched offers a wide range of features to help you manage your event schedule and stay organized. Some of its key features include:
Schedule. Display and organize your event schedule and session content in one place:
- Personalized schedules
- Session info and registration
- Files and documents upload
- Attendance tracking
- Filters, and tags
Web and mobile. Access your event anywhere via web and mobile apps:
- Event website
- Website embed
- Sched apps
- Native / branded mobile apps.
In-Person, hybrid & virtual. Organize any type of event:
- Live webinars and meetings
- On-demand video
- Offline content access.
Registration and ticketing. Access flexible options to manage your event registration. Use Sched or your preferred external platform:
- Event registration
- Offer tickets
- Collect payments
- Eventbrite integration
- Import attendees
Session registration. Allow attendees to select their sessions and manage capacities with registration controls:
- Capacities and waitlists
- Freeze schedules
- Prevent double booking
- Track attendance
Profiles and event information. Highlight speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, and other event participants. Invite them to create personal profiles and empower them to manage their own session content:
- Other information
Networking. Enable event participants to network and connect during your event. Keep them in the loop with in-app communication features:
- Attendee profiles
- Twitter feed
Reporting. Access helpful and relevant data to evaluate the success of your event and improve future efforts:
- Spreadsheet exports
- On-site reports
- Google Analytics
Communication. Keep your event participants in the loop with the latest information:
- Push notifications
- Schedule reminders
Discover all of Sched’s features in a 7-minute onDemand video:
Getting started with Sched’s event scheduler software
Getting started with Sched’s event scheduler software is easy. Simply sign up for a free trial to create your event. Then you can start building your schedule and managing attendee registrations.
Sched offers a variety of resources to help you get up and running quickly. Take advantage of:
Tips and tricks for using Sched
To get the most out of Sched’s event scheduler software, it’s important to use its features optimally. Here are some tips and tricks for using Sched:
- Use the schedule builder to create a detailed (multi-day) schedule for your event, including session descriptions and speaker bios.
- Track attendee registrations and check-ins, as well as manage waitlists with Sched’s attendee management system.
- Use Sched’s reporting tools to gain insights into attendee behavior and engagement. Track attendance, session popularity, and other key metrics. This information can be invaluable for planning future events and improving your overall event strategy.
- Play with Types and Filters to organize your schedule. You can use them to group sessions by topic, track, or speaker, making it easy for attendees to find the sessions that interest them most.
- Keep participants informed and engaged throughout the event with Sched by sending emails and notifications.
Sched’s advanced features
In addition to its core features, Sched’s event scheduler software offers a variety of advanced features to help you take your event planning to the next level. Here are some of the most useful advanced features:
- Custom branding: With Sched, you can customize the look and feel of your website and app to match your event brand. You can also embed Sched into your website. This is a great way to create a cohesive look and feel for your event and make it more memorable for attendees.
- Social media integration: Connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts so attendees can share their experiences on social media and help you to promote your event.
- Feature sponsors. Sched offers tools to help you manage sponsorships, including the ability to display sponsor logos, sort them into tiers, and build sponsor profile pages.
- Collect payments. Sched’s paid registration tool eliminates the need for external ticketing services. With this feature, you can customize the registration process for your event by gathering necessary info, creating ticket packages, and implementing registration rules.
- Premium plan. Sched has a bundle of solutions to take your event to the next level, from dedicated account management to team training, data migration, and priority support for attendees. The premium plan is the solution for organizing higher-impact events.
Troubleshooting common issues
While Sched is a powerful and user-friendly event scheduler software, it’s normal to encounter issues or questions as you start using the software. Here are some common issues you may encounter when using Sched, along with tips for troubleshooting them:
- Trouble logging in: If you’re having trouble logging in to Sched, try resetting your password or contacting the Sched team.
- Error messages: If you encounter error messages while using Sched, try clearing your browser cache or contacting the Sched support team for assistance.
- Conflicting schedules: If you have multiple schedules or sessions that conflict with each other, try using Sched’s conflict resolution tools to find a solution.
- Attendee issues. If you encounter issues with attendee registrations or check-ins, try using Sched’s attendee management tools.
- Slow performance. If you’re experiencing slow performance with Sched, try clearing your cache and cookies, or using a different browser.
- Missing data. If you’re missing data in your Sched account, double-check to make sure all of your fields are filled out correctly and that you’ve saved your changes.
- Integration issues. If you’re having trouble integrating Sched with another tool, check to make sure you’ve followed all of the integration instructions and that your accounts are properly synced.
Sched is an easy-to-use event scheduler software that can help you streamline your event planning process and stay organized.
Whether you’re planning a professional development conference or a large-scale festival, Sched has the tools you need to make your event a success.