Event planning is a multifaceted endeavor, involving tasks such as registration, guest list management, ticketing, promotion, and much more. All these elements can be simplified and streamlined using event planning software.
This powerful tool is not just for one-off events but can also be leveraged to manage ongoing events, contributing to the efficiency and success of event organizations both large and small.
Traditionally, event management software is used to handle standalone events. However, as the event planning landscape evolves, so too do the capabilities and applications of these software solutions.
Today’s event planning software can help you organize, manage, and execute ongoing events, transforming the way you approach event management.
The evolution of event management software
Event planning software has come a long way from its early days when it was primarily used for managing one-time events.
Modern software solutions are now equipped to handle ongoing events, multi-day conferences, and recurring workshops. Such software solutions allow event organizers to plan, promote, and execute events with ease, while also providing a user-friendly interface for attendees.
The shift from one-time events to ongoing events has been driven in part by advancements in technology and the changing needs of event organizers.
As the industry evolves, event planning software continues to adapt, offering new features and capabilities that cater to a wide range of event types and formats.
Managing ongoing events
One unconventional but effective use of event planning software is the management of ongoing events. These could be recurring meetings, weekly workshops, monthly seminars, or any event that occurs on a regular basis.
With the right event planning software, you can set up recurring events, automate reminders, and create registration forms for each event.
You can also manage your guest list, track RSVPs, and even generate reports to analyze the success of your events. This level of automation can save you significant time and effort, freeing you up to focus on other important aspects of your event.
- Read our ultimate guide to creating an event agenda to put all this into practice with ease!
Multi-day conferences and festivals
Multi-day conferences and festivals present unique challenges for event organizers. With multiple sessions, speakers, venues, and activities to manage, the logistical complexities can be overwhelming.
Event planning software can simplify this process by providing a centralized platform for managing all aspects of the event.
From creating a detailed event schedule to managing speaker profiles, assigning rooms, and coordinating with vendors, event planning software can handle it all. Moreover, attendees can also benefit from a comprehensive event app that provides them with the latest updates, schedule changes, and networking opportunities.
Sched is uniquely designed for ongoing events – especially workshops, webinars, conferences, and the like. The trick is to have all these different events contained in one schedule.
Just continue adding sessions to the one schedule, keeping the party going and the attendees involved. All you have to do is be on a subscription, as opposed to a single purchase.
Recurring workshops and training programs
Recurring workshops and training programs can also benefit greatly from event planning software.
The software can help you manage registrations, collect payments, and communicate with attendees for ongoing events. It can also provide valuable insights into attendee behavior and feedback, helping you improve future sessions.
For example, you can use the software to monitor attendance trends, track participant engagement, and gather feedback through post-event surveys. This data can then be used to refine your workshop content, improve your marketing strategies, and enhance the overall attendee experience.
With Sched, this is all easily managed. The tricky part is getting people to show up. But then again, Sched can help with that too. Just read our guide on how can event planners encourage attendees to attend events.
Membership programs and subscription-based events
Membership programs and subscription-based events are another area where event planning software can be effectively utilized. The software can automate the process of managing member data, tracking subscriptions, and processing payments.
It can also help you plan and manage member-exclusive events, such as webinars, workshops, or networking sessions.
With robust event planning software, you can create a seamless experience for your members, ensuring that they receive timely updates, have easy access to event information, and can interact with other members through networking features.
- One cool example is Sched’s Priority Support. Because more often than not, your attendees will have loads of questions – all at the same time – how to access your events, where to go, passwords, registration, all of that. With priority support, our dedicated support team will be on hand with lightning-fast answers to all your attendee’s questions for ongoing events!
Virtual & hybrid events with continuous engagement
The recent shift towards virtual and hybrid events has highlighted the need for event planning software that can support these new formats. These software solutions can help you manage online registrations, live streaming, virtual networking, and attendee engagement in a virtual environment.
Moreover, event planning software can play a crucial role in promoting continuous engagement during virtual and hybrid events. Features such as live polls, Q&A sessions, and social walls can keep attendees engaged and facilitate interaction, even when the event is happening remotely.
There are a few reasons why Sched is particularly good at helping planners build hybrid and virtual events. For example…
- It’s simple and flexible. The core of this functionality is the ability to use Sched with your preferred platform – be it Zoom, Teams, Google Meet, YouTube, or so on. This is done with a simple and clear link embedded in your session listing.
- Plus, you can limit who can access your content and when. Open your virtual doors ten minutes before release, or keep it open way after to give your attendees access to on-demand content.
- P.S. Event attendees want post-event content!
- We have user-friendly UX applications as well, like colour-coded filters to help attendees navigate which sessions or live, hybrid, or so on.
Community building and networking platforms
Community building and networking are essential for ongoing events. Event planning software can serve as a platform for fostering connections and facilitating interactions among attendees.
Features like attendee directories, networking lounges, and one-on-one chat options can help attendees connect with each other, share ideas, and build relationships.
This can be especially beneficial for events such as industry conferences or business networking events, where networking and relationship building are key objectives.
Sched also has awesome networking applications for hybrid events. This starts with a nifty attendee directory, where each attendee can fill out a profile, and connect with each other. This is made all the smoother with our chat features.
- We’re always updating and improving our products. Check out Sched’s latest networking features.
Alumni & reunion events for ongoing connections
Alumni and reunion events can also benefit from event planning software. These events often involve managing a large database of past attendees, sending out invitations, tracking RSVPs, and planning various activities. The software can automate many of these tasks, making it easier to organize and execute these events.
Additionally, event planning software can provide a platform for alumni to reconnect, share updates, and maintain ongoing connections even after the event has ended. This can help foster a strong and engaged alumni community.
Corporate retreats & team-building activities
Corporate retreats and team-building activities are crucial for enhancing team cohesion and boosting morale. Event planning software can simplify the process of organizing such events, whether they’re being held in-person, virtually, or in a hybrid format.
From scheduling activities to managing registrations and facilitating team interactions, event planning software can handle all the logistical details, allowing you to focus on creating a memorable and enjoyable experience for your team.
In short, attendees don’t want to be talked at; conference attendees want attendee-centric events.
Trade shows & exhibitions with rotating participants
Trade shows and exhibitions often involve a large number of participants, multiple venues, and a rotating schedule of presentations and displays.
Event planning software can help manage these complexities, providing a centralized platform for scheduling, participant management, venue logistics, and more.
Furthermore, event planning software can enhance the attendee experience at trade shows and exhibitions. Features such as personalized schedules, exhibitor directories, and networking tools can help attendees navigate the event and make the most of their time.
- Let exhibitors and sponsors curate their own profiles with Sched! They can add it all, from logos to social media, embedded videos, and links to special offers and discounts. You can even embed them into a session, where they can show up with their logos.
Non-profit fundraising campaigns & donation management
Non-profit organizations often rely on fundraising events to generate donations and support their causes. Event planning software can streamline the process of planning and executing these ongoing events, from managing guest lists and sending out invitations to tracking donations and acknowledging contributors.
In addition to supporting event logistics, event planning software can also provide tools for managing donations. This includes features like online donation forms, payment processing, and donation tracking, making it easier for non-profits to manage their fundraising efforts and maximize their impact.
- Did you know, that if you’re planning a non-Proft or education Event, you get a special reduced rate for Sched products? Get in touch to find out how much you can save!
Real-life examples of successful unconventional software usage
Let’s take a look at some real-life examples of how event planning software has been used in unconventional ways to manage ongoing events:
- Learn how the Chicago Nerd Comedy Festival used customized Sched services to allow comics to accept donations.
- Take a look at how Civic Spirit deployed Sched’s engagement features to build a sense of community spirit in their online event spanning 18 states!
- Discover how Jesuit High School used Sched’s event privacy features to keep attendees engaged and enjoying themselves while keeping their info secure.
Key considerations for implementing event management software for ongoing calendar events
Implementing event management software for ongoing events requires careful planning and consideration. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Understand your requirements: Before choosing a software solution, it’s crucial to understand your unique needs and requirements. This includes the type and scale of your events, the specific features you require, and your budget.
- Ease of use: A user-friendly interface is critical for ensuring that you and your team can effectively use the software. Look for software that is intuitive and easy to navigate, with clear instructions and helpful tutorials.
- Flexibility: Your event planning needs may change over time, so it’s important to choose software that is flexible and adaptable. Look for software that allows you to customize features and functions to suit your changing needs.
- Support and training: Good customer support and training resources can make the difference between a smooth implementation process and a frustrating one. Choose software that offers robust support, including training materials, tutorials, and responsive customer service.
Overcoming challenges in managing ongoing events with software solutions
Managing ongoing events presents unique challenges, but these can be overcome with the right event planning software. Here are some common challenges and how software solutions can help:
- Managing multiple events simultaneously: Event planning software allows you to manage multiple events at once, keeping track of all the details in one central location.
- Coordinating with multiple stakeholders: Event planning software makes it easy to coordinate with various stakeholders, from attendees and speakers to sponsors and vendors.
- Consistent communication: Event planning software provides tools for consistent and effective communication, including email notifications, push notifications, and in-app messaging.
- Tracking and analyzing event performance: Event planning software offers robust reporting and analytics features, helping you measure the success of your events and make data-driven decisions for future events.
Future trends: Exploring the potential of event management software for ongoing events
As the event planning landscape continues to evolve, so too does the potential of event planning software for managing ongoing events. Here are a few trends to watch:
- Increased use of AI and machine learning: AI and machine learning technologies can help automate many aspects of event planning, from scheduling and guest list management to personalized event recommendations for attendees.
- Integration with other software tools: Event planning software will continue to integrate with other software tools, such as CRM systems, marketing automation platforms, and social media networks, creating a more seamless and efficient planning process.
- Emphasis on data security: As more data is collected and stored in event planning software, the importance of data security will continue to grow. Look for software solutions that prioritize data security and comply with relevant regulations.
Conclusion: Expanding the possibilities of event management software
Event planning software has evolved from a tool for managing one-time events to a powerful solution for managing ongoing events.
Whether you’re organizing recurring workshops, multi-day conferences, or membership programs, event planning software can streamline the process and help you deliver exceptional experiences for your attendees.
However, it’s important to remember that not all event planning software is created equal. The best software for you will depend on your unique needs and requirements.
By understanding your needs and thoroughly evaluating different software options, you can find the perfect solution for your event planning needs.
But you’ve done enough reading for today. Sign up for free and experience it all for yourself!